Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Golden State Comic Con

I don't know if anyone remembers, but Wondercon before it was run by Comic Con International (a.k.a. The San Diego Comic Convention) used to be held annually every year at the Oakland Convention Center in Oakland, CA. Since that time, Wondercon has moved to San Francisco at Moscone Center, leaving a gaping hole in the Oakland Convention Center schedule. This problem has been rectified this year with the first of hopefully many Golden State Comic Conventions to be held the weekend of May 21-22.

They have quite a few guests lined up including Scott Shaw!, Warwick Davis, Trina Robbins, Bill Morrison, Erik Larson and many more. I will be in attendance if you would like to say "hi". Usually I wear my "Harveyville Fun Times!" T-shirt. The convention is from 10-6 on Saturday and 10-5 on Sunday and is $10 for 1 day or $15 for both days.

End of shameless plug.

I was not paid to promote this...

Darn.

-Mark.

No comments: