Monday, November 07, 2005

George Harrison's Greatest Hits

Olivia Harrison (George's widow) is really missing the boat. By this time, I fully expected a career-spanning greatest hits collection for George Harrison. Especially since all of George's stuff is now on Capitol Records. Anyway, I don't know the reasoning, so if you want to give yourself a Christmas gift, download the following tracks and make your own collection. This collection fits nicely onto a single 80-minute disc:

1. My Sweet Lord
2. What is Life?
3. Bangla Desh
4. Give Me Love
5. Dark Horse
6. You
7. This Song
8. Crackerbox Palace
9. Blow Away
10. All Those Years Ago
11. Wake Up My Love
12. I Don't Want to Do it
13. Got My Mind Set on You
14. When We Was Fab
15. Handle With Care
16. Cheer Down
17. My Sweet Lord (2000)
18. Horse to the Water
19. Any Road

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree that there should be a new career-spanning compilation.

It's a real pity that casual fans will be led to believe that the only in-print "Best Of" compilation is the 1976 release half-filled with Beatles songs, that does not include the top 40 hits "This Song," "Crackerbox Palace," "Blow Away," "All Those Years Ago," "When We Was Fab," and his #1 smash "Got My Mind Set on You."

This set is long overdue, and, as much as I like your track listing, here is my idea of what would make a nice career-spanning compilation:

1. My Sweet Lord
2. Isn't It a Pity
3. What Is Life
4. All Things Must Pass
5. Bangla Desh
6. Give Me Love
7. Dark Horse
8. You
9. This Song
10. Crackerbox Palace
11. Blow Away
12. All Those Years Ago
13. Got My Mind Set on You
14. When We Was Fab
15. This Is Love
16. Cheer Down
17. Horse to the Water
18. Stuck Inside a Cloud
19. Any Road

Honorable mentions: "Ding Dong, Ding Dong," "Wake Up My Love," "Devil's Radio," "Deep Blue," "My Sweet Lord (2000)," "Wah-Wah," "That's the Way It Goes," "Love Comes to Everyone," "Don't Let Me Wait Too Long," "Living in the Material World," "Flying Hour" (for the fans), and *possibly* "Handle with Care," "End of the Line," and if it's a 2-disc set, *maybe* "Something," "Here Comes the Sun," "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," and "Taxman."

Unknown said...

Sorry, I just re-read my post, and realized how little sense my second paragraph makes.

What I meant to say was that it's a real pity that casual fans will be led to believe that the current "Best Of" compilation covers his entire career, and will miss out on his post-1976 work.