Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Mad Magazine

I've got nothing better to write about, so I will write about my love for "Mad". I started reading "Mad" with issue #172 (1/75), and have never stopped. Actually, the first issue I ever remember reading was the "Mad Super Special" #14 from 1974 that had some Don Martin art posters included. I was greatly intrigued and soon I found a publication that really "spoke" to me.

My dad revealed at the time that he read "Mad" when it was a comic book and had every issue. That used to bug me, that he HAD them, and then tossed them out. Of course, I have repurchased virtually every issue since (missing #1, 6 and 8 at time of writing), but I have everything in reprint form if not. I am also missing 68 paperbacks which is pretty good since I didn't really start collecting those until a couple of years ago and there's over 300 paperbacks published.

Anyway, I still read "Mad". It's not as good as it once was (the old saw), but it has outlasted everything including "Cracked" which is something to say!

--
Regards,

Mark Arnold
http://funideas.home.att.net

No comments: