Monday, July 02, 2007

Gene Wilder

I have concluded that Gene Wilder is one of my favorite actors of all time, even though he has starred in a ton of crappy movies, most of the them he made. For the sake of writing a blog, since I haven't in a bit, I will list my favorite Wilder films. He has a few other good ones, but if I was stuck on a desert island, these six would be must haves:

1) The Producers - 1968 Especially for the "blue blankie" part...
2) Start the Revolution Without Me - 1970 Remember...it all happened in 1789!!
3) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - 1971 "There's so much time and so little to do!"
4) Blazing Saddles - 1974 "Well Jim, what do you like to do?" "I don't know...play chess...screw..." "Well, let's play chess!"
5) Young Frankenstein - 1974 "That's Fronkensteen!"
6) Silver Streak - 1976 The best Pryor/Wilder film hands down...

No comments: