Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Texting

Is it just me or am I the only one who finds texting on a cell phone annoying? I recently upgraded my service on Verizon, and they had to send me a text message to implement the new service.



They said that they had to unblock the texting to send me this, so I said all right. All of sudden I get bombarded (well ok, 3) with text messages. Look, I have a number of email addresses and check them frequently. I also have a voicemail.



I know people are not always in a position to leave a voicemail, but guess what? If you call, and don't leave a message, I usually will call you back, unless you have your number blocked.



I haven't gone on a blog tirade for awhile. I'm not pinpointing anyone, just the concept of texting. When the Verizon guy asked me if I wanted texting on my new service and I said, "no", he replied, "Oh, you must be over 30!" I thought that was particularly funny.



Anyway, anyone reading this, email or voicemail will do. If you have an incessant need to text, well go ahead, I just won't receive it...

No comments: