Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Better Beatles

Ok, ok, ok, so I am a latecomer. I've been a Beatles fan for too long, but just discovered the Better Beatles. I had heard their rendition of "Eleanor Rigby" awhile back, but it didn't do much for me.

Recently, I was in Streetlight Records in San Jose, and I picked up the CD. A clerk whizzed by and said in passing, "You've got to buy it, man. It's the best album!"

So, I decided to give it a try. Then, I discovered it was at the listening station, so I sampled a few tracks and felt that it had a "Flying Lizards/Cure" type sound to it, so I bought it, and was hooked.

If my friend, Joe in Amsterdam, reads this (he usually does), he will probably say, "Oh yeah, I bought that back in '81. Where were you?"

2 comments:

Bishop said...

Well, if I'd had it in '81, you certainly would have heard it in '86.

However, have you seen the last two issues of Mojo magazine, in which they examine the White Album in detail. The first of the two has a CD with covers of the first disc and the second handles the rest.

Email me a street address and I'll send the mags your way, if'n you'd like.

Bishop said...

BTW, I'll be tracking down these Better Beatles of which you speak - sounds tasty.