Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My Favorite Mad Comics (#1-23)

I now own every issue of Mad except #1, which is proving to be far too pricey for my tastes. I may buy it eventually.

I was looking through my Mad comics and I would have to say that my favorite issue is #19, followed very closely by #18, 20 and 21.

I do have to say that there is not one "perfect" issue where all four stories are gems. #19 comes closest with three: "Mickey Rodent", "Supermarkets", and "Puzzle Pages", only "The Cane Mutiny" and the cover are a bit weak.

Best cover has got to be #11, with #1, 4 and 21 runners up.

Favorite stories of all time include "Howdy Dooit", "Starchie", "Mickey Rodent", "Mole", "Restaurants", "Puzzle Pages", "Supermarkets", "Believe it or Don't", "Poopeye", "Woman Wonder", "Superduperman", "Frank N. Stein", "Outer Sanctum", "Ping Pong" and "Bat Boy and Rubin".

No comments: