Thursday, July 15, 2010

The 100 Greatest Looney Tunes

This is a great book! Now I say that on a lot of my reviews, but it is, and why review something you don't really like? Sometimes I do, but definitely NOT this time!!!

This is the BEST book on Looney Tunes ever made, except the one that Jerry Beck did before with Will Friedwald called "Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies", but this one is better because of the layout and the color. One wishes they did that earlier book like this one, which is solely credited to Jerry Beck this time.

What makes this great is not the knowledge and research and background, which is very similar to the previous book, but the photos!!! There is an excellent selection of both color and black & white screen captures that encapsulates each of the 100 cartoons, perfectly.

My only quibble is that it should have been "The 1000 Greatest Looney Tunes" and that I should have been consulted. Oh well. Jerry's a good friend of mine and I take no offense (but then maybe "A Lad in his Lamp" might have gotten snuck in there...hee-hee).

I welcome every Jerry Beck book and recommend this along with the rest. If you only buy ONE Jerry Beck book, make it THIS ONE!

For a list of all of Jerry's other books, click
here.

1 comment:

Kristi Teacher said...

Looks cool! I will send the link of this to my dad for his Bernie Bugle email list. :)