Monday, October 18, 2010

Obscure Comedy Albums for 98c


I went to Fry's the other day. I am a big fan of the "Blue Collar Comedy Tours", even though admittedly the humor of Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, Bill Engvall and Ron White are sometimes an acquired taste for some as some of their humor is either too sophomoric or too cute or both.

Anyway, there was a "Next Generation" Blue Collar Comedy Tour. I wasn't interested in these new guys, but for 98c, I figured that I would give it a shot. Three of the four new guys were pretty bad. It was almost like Open Mike Night at a local club. Only one of the four really shone among the deep pile carpet clippings and that was John Caparulo. He was just totally funny and I found myself laughing out loud.

My favorite gag: John: I'd like a Coke. Waiter: Is Pepsi ok? John: Is Monopoly money ok?

I've got to get his solo CD called "Meet Cap".

No comments: