Monday, January 03, 2011

Jerry Brown


In some sort of bizarre form of time warp, Jerry Brown is to be sworn in as Governor of California again. I suppose it's not as strange as the previous guy actually BEING Governor for almost two terms.

What's interesting is that my mom passed away in 2008. At the time, I threw away a TON of her junk, but I also set aside a lot of stuff to look at again at a later date. Because of working on my "Cracked" and "Beatles" books, I haven't looked at this stuff until very recently, and am still going through it. Some I'm tossing, some I'm keeping and some I'm selling.

Anyway, one of the things I'm keeping and it's ironic that I found it yesterday was an envelope containing an autographed photo of Jerry Brown from the first time he was Governor. The date is 1982, so it was around the time of his end.

No comments: