Saturday, February 05, 2011

Curb Your Enthusiasm


Ok, since I mentioned my favorite network TV show, I will now mention my favorite cable show. This is a bit trickier because people are always recommending shows to me like "Dexter" and "Weeds" and "Six Feet Under" and you name it.

Remember folks, I don't have cable TV or a high-speed connection, so the only way I can see a lot of this stuff is on DVD. That's how I've seen virtually all of the episodes of "Curb Your Enthusiasm".

Granted, now "Curb" is in syndication, albeit with a lot of cuts. Susie Essman's character is not the same in a censored version.

Anyway, this is Larry David's creation and is basically a more personalized version of his own "Seinfeld". In fact, last season was a dream of Larry trying to get the "Seinfeld" cast back together for a reunion, making it the best reunion since Suzanne Pleshette popped up in Bob Newhart's bed on the final episode of "Newhart".

They are now preparing the eighth season and I will have my DVD player ready and waiting once they release the discs.

No comments: