Sunday, April 24, 2011

No Doubt


I've always liked the band No Doubt ever since I heard their breakout hit "Don't Speak" from their "Tragic Kingdom" album. For some reason, in later years, I sold all of their CDs (although I only had a couple of their albums) in favor of their greatest hits CDs.

For those familiar with Rasputin's, they offer a lot of CDs by good artists many times for only $2 or $3, so in this age of digital downloading, I have been securing entire albums for almost nothing. They also have this deal that if you buy 3, you get the 4th one free.

So, that's where No Doubt comes in. Guess who has all of their albums for only $2 each (including the Gwen Stefani solo albums)? That's right, it's No Doubt! So, I bought them all and was soon back in ska and hip-hop heaven....

I hope they finally do decide to record and release another album soon. Even Gwen's last solo album came out five years ago....

I saw them perform the Beatles medley in their Beatles suits on the Kennedy Center Honors late last year for Paul McCartney and they were as excellent as ever, so come on guys (and gal)....

No comments: