Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shirley Jones



I saw Shirley Jones last night at the Castro Theatre in San Francisco. I have always been a fan of Jones since the "Partridge Family" days and love her film and musical work. The event at the Castro was put on by TCM and featured a free showing of "Elmer Gantry", an excellent film that Jones won an Oscar. If you think of Jones just as Mrs. Partridge, you might be in for a biiiiggg surprise when you see this role...

Anyway, Jones at once was elegant, friendly, conversational and really engaged her audiences with great stories about this and a few other of her movies. At 77 years of age, she is still strikingly beautiful. I am posting the best two photos I took for now and may be posting a few more in the next few days.

I hope that there are more of these types of events and I highly recommend you attend events like these that truly do feature living legends.

No comments: