Friday, June 24, 2011

White Album Ensemble











I saw the White Album Ensemble with friends last night at San Jose's free Music in the Park. I've seen them before, and they were as good as usual, but this time did not play any Beatles album through its entirety, instead focusing on Beatles songs everyone knows and loves, with particular attention to the 1966-1970 period. There were also a couple solo Lennon songs ("Imagine", "Instant Karma") thrown in for good measure. This time they had a full brass section, which I don't think they had before. I seem to remember the brassy sections being done on the keyboard before.

The Ensemble is different from other Beatles covers bands as they make no attempt to really look or sound like The Beatles. They just perform and sing the songs very well, and that's all that's really necessary. So, if you ever get a chance to see them, do!

I snapped some photos which I am showing here.

No comments: