Monday, September 19, 2011

Earl Kress

Since I saw both Cartoon Brew and News from ME with tributes to Earl Kress, I figured that I should write my own. I wasn't as close to Earl as Jerry Beck and Mark Evanier were, but his death has affected me similarly. Earl and I knew of each other. In fact, the photo above that graces this blog entry, I believe I actually took at the Van Eaton Galleries when they had my Harvey Art Show on display. I was a fan of Earl's for his great work that he did in regards to the history of Hanna-Barbera, including the various CD compilations he worked on for Rhino Records, to his most recent book about Yogi Bear. I did not know he was sick. I am very happy that I did meet this great man who contributed as I do to the history of animation and comic books. He will be missed.

No comments: